The world championship-winning S3 is back — and even better than before. Combine proven S Series aero performance with the cutting-edge stiffness and lightweight design that comes from our Project California research facility, and you get what Ride Magazine has called “quite possibly The Perfect Bike.” The S3 is ready to put the hurt on a “friendly” Saturday morning ride, or just get you to the coffee shop a little faster. Stiffer, better-riding, aero as ever. All with zero weight penalty.
Cervélo pioneered the aero bike segment. The S-Series is engineered to make you more efficient and comfortable—so you can be faster, whatever your speed. The focus on aerodynamics is visible in every aspect of the design such as the location and shapes of the TrueAeroTM tubes. Once on the bike, its efficiency in transferring all of your power to the road will persuade—or demand—that you push it to road-blurring speeds. This performance does not wear off on climbs, making it an aero bike with the rare gifts of light weight and stiffness, one that climbs well and boosts your confidence descending. But speed also includes comfort—both in the carbon composite layup design and in the power saved through aerodynamics that keeps you comfortably in your zone, rather than off the back.
What goes into aero design?
The S3’s sleek design borrows much from the P-Series, including the extended seat tube cutout. From the dropped down tube to the shielding seat stays, all frame shapes are designed to smooth airflow over the entire bike and rider. Add BBright™ technology and you get the best of aero engineering with maximum control and stability.
- Now with BBright for optimal stiffness to weight ratio (1100 grams – average weight, size 56cm, with paint and hardware).
- Boosted torsional (+23% vs last generation S3) and bottom bracket (+16%) stiffness for agile, responisve handling and efficient power transfer on the attack.
Ultra Thin Seat Stays
- Borrowing from the Rca’s rear triangle design, thinner seat stays offer class-leading comfort and compliance, without unnecessary weight.
Future-proof Cable Routing
- Light weight, interchangeable ICS (internal cable stops) click into the frame to fit mechaincal, or electronic cables.
- Sleek, smooth and mechanic friendly
- Uncompromised aero performance vs classic S3, while improving stiffness
- Down tube shape is designed for stiffness while shielding bottles aerodynamically
- New fork for improved lateral stiffness, better tracking and handling, and larger tire clearance
- Partial seat tube cutout improves airflow around rear wheel, while allowing for larger tire clearance
- World Tour Proven Cervelo S3 Frameset
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 8050 11 Speed Groupset
- Mavic Cosmic Elite Wheelset
- Cervelo AB06 Carbon Handlebars
- Cervelo Alloy Stem
- Cervelo SP17 Aero Carbon Fibre Seatpost
- Fizik Antares R7 Saddle
- Approved by the international cycling governing body, The UCI
- Lifetime frame warranty