Comes with Shimano 105 Cranks and 3T Wheelset
Manufacturers rarely make much of a R&D commitment in developing an entry-level bike, yet that’s what Argon 18 did last year when they totally redesigned the E-80, which now shares the same geometry Argon gave the E-114 and E-112, as well as internal brake and shift cables, all at a fraction of the price.
The E-80 is fully compliant with UCI regulations governing the dimensions and technical characteristics of time-trial bikes, as set out in its technical bulletin published in July 2009.
AFS Tri / TT Geometry
A unique, adapted geometry, with razor-sharp steering and unparalleled stability, even in situations where it is impossible to stay on the tribar extensions with other bikes. Every dimensional aspect has been defined in order to maximize bike control, even at extreme levels of exertion.
A longer wheelbase increases stability, but where the extra length is situated is important for balanced performance. 400mm chainstays ensure proper chainline alignment, for faultless, dependable shifting.
Fully Integrated Frameset
The E-80 comes with the following:
- 3005 T3 triple-butted aluminum frame: preserves the mechanical properties of the tubes while eliminating needless weight: efficient.
- Internal brake/shift cables
- Top and seat tube shape and size optimized according to our own HDS design principles.
- Teardrop-shaped down tube and slim aero-section seat stays to reduce drag.
- E-80 carbon fork: sleek aero profile blades, with provision for fitting the brake either in the usual forward position or behind the fork, hidden from the wind.
- ASP 4000 carbon seatpost, reversible for a 76* or 78* effective seat tube angle.
- Saddle fore-aft and tilt are adjusted separately, for finely incremental positioning.
- Tektro R-725 brakes and RX 4.1 brake levers, front/rear.
5055 HT Carbon Fiber / 3005 T3 Aluminum
Every Argon 18 model features materials chosen to optimize that bike’s performance.
The E-80 fork and rear triangle are built with HT 5055 Nano-Tech carbon composite. The main triangle uses our finest Thermotech 3005 triple-butted tubes, for a substantial weight reduction without compromising performance. Everything is here: rigidity, light weight, in the right places, comfort, stability and enough feedback from the tires to let you react appropriately even when things get fast and furious.
Full power transfer without compromising comfort and light weight: OPTIMAL BALANCE does it again, this time with two materials combined into one stellar all-round performer.