An excellent example of the 2016 Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod Carbon road bike with Shimano Dura Ace. We sold the bike as new in 2017 and it has been serviced with us. The owner has upgraded again.
A WHOLE NEW BALANCE OF POWER
The original SuperSix EVO offered such an incredible balance of all the elements of performance that Tour magazine named it, the “Best Bike in the World”. Cannondale were flattered, but after some celebratory champagne, they rolled up their sleeves and got back to work. With the all-new EVO Hi-MOD, Cannondale have taken that same harmonious blend of elements and cranked each part up to eleven. They’ve made it even stiffer, even lighter, even more smooth-riding; they’ve even added aero features. All in the quest to make it the best climbing, best descending, best sprinting, best attacking, best all-around-from-starting-gun-to-finish-line race bike ever made. Because true power lies in the balance.
All-new SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD is:
- The best all-around road racing machine on earth.
- An amazing blend of stiffness, compliance, light weight and aerodynamics.
- Incredible handling, thanks to the tuned balance of stiffness and flex.
- Serious road racers, discerning enthusiasts, and anyone passionate about pure performance.
- Frame: All-New SuperSix EVO BallisTec Hi-Mod Carbon Di2 CompatibleSPEED SAVE PressFit BB30a
- Fork: All-New SuperSix EVO SPEED SAVE BallisTec Hi-MOD full Carbon 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 steerer integrated crown race.
- Rims: Mavic Ksyrium Pro
- Hubs: Mavic Ksyrium Pro
- Spokes: Mavic Ksyrium Pro
- Tyres: Mavic Yksion Pro SSC GripLink (F) PowerLink (RR) 25C
- Crank: Cannondale HollowGram SiSL2 BB30a w/ OPI SpideRing SL 52/36
- Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
- Chain: Shimano HG900 11-speed
- Rear Cogs: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 11-28 11-speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 braze-on
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
- Shifters: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
- Handlebar: Cannondale Escape Hanger Carbon
- Grips: Fizi:k Team
- Stem: Cannondale C1 Ultralight 2014 Alloy w/ Ti Bolts 31.8 6 deg.
- Headset: SuperSix EVO 1-1/4 lower bearing 25mm carbon top cap
- Brakes: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
- Brake Levers: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
- Saddle: Fizi:k Arione R3 w/ K:ium Rail
- Seatpost: Cannondale SAVE 25.4x350mm
Hi-MOD BALLISTEC CARBON
Cannondale’s proprietary carbon construction method allows Cannondale to achieve extreme light weight with amazing strength, while precisely controlling flex throughout the frame for the best possible ride-feel and handling.
SPEED SAVE MICRO-SUSPENSION
Completely reworked flex zones in the chainstays and seatstays allow the rear wheel to track the ground, improving speed, handling and comfort. Tuned to work with the SPEED SAVE Fork.
New 25.4mm SAVE seatpost and directional carbon layup in the seat tube allows additional comfort when seated. All told, the new EVO’s comfort is improved by over 20%.
ALL-NEW SPEED SAVE FORK
Radical one-piece BallisTec carbon construction. Continuous, uncut carbon from tip of dropouts to top of steerer, 1-1/8″to 1-1/4″ tapered steerer with in-moulded crown race. 290 grams. 6.1% increase in lateral stiffness. 12.5% increase in compliance. Tuned to work as a system with the rear triangle.
DELTA SEAT TUBE
For increased stiffness, the seat tube flares to a dramatically wide, ovalised section where it meets the BB.
TAP (TRUNCATED AERO PROFILE) TUBE SHAPES
Downtube, seat tube, fork blades and upper seat stays have a truncated aero profile which improves aerodynamics, without sacrificing stiffness or weight.
A continuous network of high modulus stiffening fibres runs around joint areas and along the outer edges of the frames tubes, connecting all parts of the frame and allowing precise tuning of stiffness and ride quality.
28C TYRE CLEARANCE
The new EVO is designed to accept up to 28c tyres for reduced rolling resistance and improved comfort over rougher roads.
8.8% stiffer at the BB, for lightening fast sprints and confident handling.
- New 73mm wide BB30a bottom bracket shell » Massively flared Delta seat tube
- Asymmetrically oversized chainstays
- 2.2% stiffer at the headtube.
- Subtle tuning of the chassis, to work with stiffer BB and fork.
- 6.1% better lateral fork stiffness
- Radical new fork design combines better side stiffness with improved compliance, for incredible handling.
20% more compliant.
- Completely re-engineered SPEED SAVE stays.
- All new Cannondale SAVE 25.4mm seatpost – lightweight, flexing post adds additional comfort.
- Directional Carbon Layup in Seat Tube.
- SPEED SAVE Micro-Suspension is a two-zone system. Zone 1, the rear triangle and fork, are focused on chassis dynamics. They allow the wheels to better track the ground for improved cornering, traction and comfort, and they function whether the rider is seated or standing. Zone 2 is made up of the seatpost and seat-tube and is focused solely on adding comfort when seated. With a new, smaller diameter post and and re-engineered seat tube, the new EVO offers a silky smooth ride, even after hours in the saddle.
TAP (Truncated Aero Profile) Tube Shapes
- Key areas of frame get TAP tube shapes for improved aerodynamics
- Down tube, seat tube, fork blades and upper seat stays
- New EVO saves approximately 70 grams of drag or 6 watts vs the old EVO.
System Weight reduced by over 70 grams!
- Frame, Fork, Headset and Seatpost together shave off over 70 grams.
- Cannondale’s System Integration philosophy at work.
- Increased stiffness, comfort and aerodynamics, yet lighter weight.
EVO’s have size-specific engineering – always have and always will. Cannondale’s engineers alter the carbon layup and the tube shapes to ensure that all the bikes, from the smallest to the tallest, have the same ride feel and handling characteristics. As the sizes increase, the down tubes change diameter and shape, and the seat tube layup and top tube layups change. But perhaps the clearest example of Cannondale’s obsession with perfection is their rear triangle. They actually mould their chainstay, dropout and seatstay for each side as a single piece. This means that, rather than sharing a single chainstay and a few seatstays across the sizes like their competitors, Cannondale have custom moulds and layups for each and every size. The result is the lightest, most perfectly tuned rear triangles possible for each size. Obsessive? Yes. But that’s what makes an EVO an EVO.
ALL-NEW PRO RACE RIG BLENDS RAPIER-LIKE HANDLING WITH RARE SMOOTHNESS” “STEADY EVOLUTION OF A TRULY EXCELLENT MACHINE – AND THE IMPROVEMENTS ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY” – BIKE RADAR
“IT IS FITTING THAT THE MATERIALS USED TO MANUFACTURE THE FRAME ARE THE SAME AS USED IN BALLIS- TIC ARMOURING. THIS BIKE IS A WEAPON.” – CYCLING WEEKLY
“LIGHTER, STIFFER AND MORE AERODYNAMIC, CANNONDALE’S NEW SUPERSIX EVO IS A WORTHWHILE UPDATE.” 4.5/5 STARS – ROAD.CC: FULL REVIEW HERE